Atlanta Veterinary Specialists (AVS), a multi-specialty small animal specialty practice, is seeking energetic and motivated Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) to join our multiple boarded-doctor practice. We have positions available in our Surgery Specialty.
The Veterinary Technician will be responsible for coordinating appointments, providing pre- and post-op care, and assisting with surgeries (including running anesthesia for complex procedures). Duties include monitoring patient vitals, maintaining treatment sheets, taking radiographs, restraining patients, submitting lab samples, cleaning, stocking, transferring and discharging patients, and assisting the Surgical Team (including board-certified surgeons).
Could you be the right fit for us? Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to be considered. Serious applicants looking for long-term employment only, please.
Our Surgical Technicians:
- Work collaboratively with fellow Veterinary Technicians to ensure a smooth workflow within the surgery department on a daily basis
- Are a leader and subject matter expert in all-things surgery to train new employees
- Independently develop anesthetic protocols and calculating/administering medications
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients as well as troubleshoot and assess patient anesthetic depth, reactivity, and pain
- Maintain surgical equipment and recommending improvements
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies, and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
The ideal candidate will:
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
- have a current veterinary technician license in Georgia,
- have 1-3 years of veterinary surgery experience (with veterinary specialty and anesthesia experience a MAJOR plus)
- be self-motivated
- be a team player with a great sense of humor
- work well and thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- exhibit a professional, friendly demeanor with a positive attitude
• Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
• Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, a generous CE allowance and a pet care discount.